The act of delegation is powerful
When we are willing to delegate, we forster an atmosphere of trust
When we start delegaiting, we send a clear signal: ”We trust people to achieve the desired results while we respect their skills and commitment to do it”
In order to know when it is the right moment to delegate, ask yourself the following 5 questions:
- Do you have to be responsible for this task or can someone else take care of it?
- Does this require your fully attention to succeed?
- Do you have time to teach someone how to do this job?
- Will this work help the other person to develop?
- Do you expect similar tasks in the future?
Remember, the beauty of delegation lays in the fact that both you and the other person grow. You become sharper in decision making and leadership, at the same time you develop a strong culture of trust, while developing people around you with an extra dose of engagment and in close collaboration.