Simone Löfstaf’s touching story starts as a child with many health issues.
- One of my first memories is as a 5-year-old having constantly asthma, multiple alleries, bronchitis and nasal congestions, which gave me anxiety every time it was time to go to bed. I knew this would not let me sleep.
By the age of 10, I started to have pain in the lumbar spine. A couple of years later, I was diagnosed with scoliosis. When I reached puberty, I also had severe hormonal issues and major problems with blood sugar regulation. Emotionally, I was often angry, irritated and sad.
Simone missed a large part of the school period and at times she had difficulty to play due to shortness of breath.
However, the happiest highlight of the week was on the weekends helping her father to fix his car or someone else’s car which involved several hours of wet hands with diesel or petrol.
Unfortunately, this innocent and fun moment had a high price for Simone’s health.
- I met many doctors during my childhood. Everyone offered me different medicines and when I asked how long I would take these, no one could answer. These would not cure me but only dampen my health issues.
As an adult, I learned to cope with my emotions as best I could, but pretending that everything was good in front of others was not healthy either.
Through a healthy diet, Simone managed to get rid of asthma, nasal congestion and improved the hormonal, as well as the blood sugar problems.
But it was not until her two children were born with some of her health issues that Simone realized that history was about to repeat even for them.
That was the moment she decided to seek actively for answers. What were the reasons of those symptoms? What was needed to do so they become healthy?
Simone’s one of a kind perseverance and critical thinking guided her to a breakthrough.
- I started reading courses of biochemistry and nutrition and ordered as many books of nutrition therapy, as well as alternative health, as I could afford each month.
A curious book reading about Orthomolecular Therapy changed Simone’s life.
- I signed up for training myself in Orthomolecular Therapy, which is a therapeutic method that aims to restore the body’s optimal environment by correcting imbalances or deficiencies using substances that are natural to the body.
When I did my first hair mineral analysis, everything became clear.
I found the lead, the mercury and the other heavy metals I was expose to as a child. There was also excess of copper that could be linked to my hormonal dysfunction and to scoliosis.
My children’s hair mineral analysis also clearly showed toxicity due to mercury, lead, aluminum and for one of them also copper.
Finally, I found answers and could treat ourselves. For the first time in my life, I felt what it was like to be completely healthy and see my children feel good for real.
I didn´t only get rid of the heavy metals that caused so many blockages in my system but also corrected all the dysfunction that these had created.
What is your reflection about your life and the perseverance and critical thinking skills you have been using the whole journey to stand here where you are today?
- Since I was a child, I had an intuition that nutrition was the key to health and I remember that I always tried to understand what caused my health problems through that. The voice inside me saying ”keep looking for answers” never stopped talking. That voice continues to talk to me even today.
The knowledge I have today helps others and it is the most rewarding assignment I have ever had. I think I already as a child wanted to work with health, probably because I had such poor health myself.
From the moment I felt I needed to do more to be able to be healthy at some point in my life, lead to find my passion and true call: to help others to become or remain healthy through the right nutrition.
If you could choose one mineral in our body that we should put most attention on, what would that be and why?
- I have to say Magnesium! It is the fourth most common mineral in the body and is important for hundreds of enzyme reactions, for energy production, cell function, protein synthesis, blood sugar balance and affects everything from bones and muscles to nerves and brain cells.
The body consumes large amounts of magnesium and often we do not get what we need through the diet. Stress leads to additional consumption of mainly magnesium, to deal with the increased secretion of adrenaline and cortisol caused by stressful situations. If you are stressed daily, the need for this mineral and many other nutrients is even higher.
Magnesium also affects the production and use of neurotransmitters. GABA is one of these, that acts as a relaxant for brain activity. Studies have shown that magnesium reduces stress and anxiety by stimulating the brain’s GABA receptors and thus preventing us from constantly being in a ”connected” state.
What are your best three tips to become better at perseverance and health?
- Don´t give up when you feel there is more that you can do. Take lead and look for knowledge. Explore!
- Develop your patience which is the key to being perseverance and remind yourself that everything is a process and takes time. Time is your best resource to get to the best outcome.
- Pay attention to your health, your mood, both physically and mentally. Take responsibility and go back to basics by checking your system from time to time.
With a mediocre supply of nutrition also comes a mediocre health sooner or later.
We can always make the concious and active choice to keep an eye on our health that will mean several qualitative and healthier years, for sure.
What is your next step?
- I will keep spreading knowledge within my area and will continue creating awareness about the fact that health is not only the absence of disease but also an experience of optimal function and well-being.
Our body is a fantastic machine that can, knows how and wants to fix itself every day.
If we give the body the natural nutrients it needs and remove what is bad and harmful, then we can preserve our health.
You can follow Simone’s inspiring journey via:
– LinkedIn länk
– FB: https://www.facebook.com/plenahalsa.se
– IG: @plenahalsa
And you can also find out more on how you can improve your brain with nutrients here: https://plenahalsa.se
Foto: Tomas Löfstaf
Intervju: Cristina Söderberg